Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mass

I am not a catholic. But I have found myself fascinated as I watch the mass this morning in Washington D.C. Nobody in my family is catholic, and I most certainly have no plans to convert after watching this.

Catholicism in my opinion is a cult, and one of the worst kind. It is an epidemic, they frown upon non-catholics, are non welcoming to those who wish to come to their churches, and they are far too ritualistic for my liking. Anyone religion where you speak foreign languages to pray, and wave smoke lanterns, and pray to idols besides god is not right in my opinion.

My sister is a witch. She follows the religion of Wicca, and compared to this mass, her rituals are normal. There are no sacrifices, or blood letting. In Wicca, there are no chants, there is consumption of bread/wine, which in my opinion is a stupid ritual anyways.

But what I find most humerous, is that despite Catholics being the scratch that....

This news caster woman just explained that what just happened was the most powerful moment in mass. The pope babbled in his tongue, and then he hugged the men around him. This is supposed to symbolize The Last Supper, and it is just wrong. We should not re-enact the suffering of Jesus. He did his thing for a purpose. He gave his life to save mankind. Yes, it is this beautiful moment, but is it necessary?

Here is my view, prayer is prayer, anytime, anywhere, god will do his best to listen. Try to practice in good faith...........

Now the crowd is being handed tickets to go up and recieve the body by Pope Benedict XVI



This is just weird to me, but I cant look away



Someone talk to me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posting struck a cord with me. Many people have funny views of Catholicism based on what they see the Pope doing. Please don't compare what you see with the Pope as a view of what ALL Catholic churches are like. First of all, they stopped speaking Latin at Mass in the 60's. The Pope does it b/c it is the universal language of the Church. Second, I have found the Catholic religion to be one of the most LAID BACK religions. Sure there are traditions and rituals, but it is not a big show or production like other Churches. I once went to my sister-in-law's Church (Presbyterian - 3 hour service!!!) and was told I was going to go to hell for reading Harry Potter and listening to certain CD's. I think that is a bit more far-fetched. At my Church, you don't have to get all dressed up. We wear jeans and shorts to Church. We DO welcome other people to pray with us. It is just the sacraments (communion) that you are not allowed to receive. My father and my husband are not Catholic and noone has ever told them to leave. They even receives communion now. Bottom line is that we are all praying to the same God. ALL Churches have something weird or funny about them (try to show me one that doesn't!!!). You just have to find out where you feel comfortable.

SoxyPasha said...

Thank you for your honesty, and respect. I've been through half a dozen churches, and am still looking.

My last church was rather adamant that all of the youth never read Harry Potter, watch movies over PG rating, and that they were expected in church every wednesday night and to be at both services on sundays.

Now don't get me wrong. It was always a welcoming church. We had fun, and did lots of musical programs and such, but it just isn't right for a church to be that demanding.

Once more, thank you for your honesty, and respect.