Monday, March 24, 2008

The Philosophy of Paychecks

Hello? Okay, so I'm typing on here again. This is my blog and so far nobody has read it but I'm telling you, or me rather that this is going to hold some good stuff. Real honest stuff. I promise it wont be all bitching and kvetching.

Okay, so today I got my paycheck, this happens every monday so maybe it will be a recurring theme in my blog; this is one of the worst days of my week usually when it should be the best. Anyways, back to the blog......

My pay check from Waffle House is usually about a hundred dollars because I am a server and only make $3.08 per hour to start with anyways. But my check was only $80 dollars today and I went off. My boss is one of those types that you don't want to hate. He is fun, funny, and just an overall cool guy until it comes to money. Do not ask him for overtime, he will speak about his philosophy. "NO" is his philosophy; similar to the one used in the Charlie Brown musical....Random I know sorry


But here's the deal. I was looking at my pay stub because I knew things weren't how they should be. It turns out, my boss has been adjusting my clock times, not giving me minimum wage when he should be and stealing my credit card tips. Now, this may seem like your average boss to you; remind me to stop using that pronoun because most likely this will just be kind of like a diary and no one will read it, but who knows. Back on the topic, I asked him why I kept getting clocked out at 7:00Am when I'm usually working til at least 7:15AM, thos extra fifteen minutes a day add up to another hour or so on my check and that three dollars means more money to me, which I need. He even clocked me out at 6:00AM one day, when I worked until 7:30AM. I hate him.


But just another day......

No comments: