Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday-Waffle House Style

So, This being my first blog, and it being Easter, and the state of mind I am in at this moment; that being nothing short of clinically insane, have decided to create Double J Day by Day.

My name is Joe Johnson, and I am 18 years old. However the hell I survived this long is a feat in itself, but it's just another day for me. The date is March 23, 2008; Easter Sunday, and I am sitting in Waffle House writing this blog instead of spending time with family. It's no big deal, I could be with them, or rather sitting in the same house as them but be ignored and shunned for the pure sake that I am the step-son.

The story goes like this, and it is this with every holiday. My mother, my step-dad and I go to his mother's house and eat dinner. My step-Grandmother is a very nice lady and I love her to death but things just aren't right. There are spots at the dinner table for the 6 year old, spots for the babies too, but not for me. I get the exclusive pleasure of sitting alone at the kitchen table. Now tell me, do you think that as something fun for me. I had my fill of it Christmas Eve when everyone was laughing and having a good time, while I sat alone, without anyone to eat with, to talk to, and my mom had the nerve to ask me, "What's wrong?"

18 years of life is more than alot of people think it is. I have had my ups and downs, and road bumps; I have taken a major nose dive once or twice, but it's all good. This year is better......kind of.

I am sitting in Waffle House, my job. It isn't too busy and I wish I was working so that I didn't have to go home to see my family. My friends are here, people who like me and want to spend time with me....I think. But yeah, I can say, that Easter in the waffle house is worth every bad holiday before hand. Hell, I get to blog in here, something I couldn't do at the family's place.

Thanks

Joe Johnson

No comments: