Thursday, March 27, 2008

Jesus was found in the laundry

Very strange title, yes it is, but in all honesty.....Apparently Jesus was found in some man's laundry. The story goes like this.

Yesterday evening I was doing my sister's laundry at the laundromat or however you spell that evil word, and I saw this poster talking about how Jesus has been found and he isn't coming back. Of course being a spiritual perosn but not directly religous I was intrigued by that and had to tear off the little strip on the bottom of the flyer and call the number. BIG MISTAKE!!!!

I took the number to Waffle House where I work and my friend Shannon, Morgan and I all called this man asking about his findings. He wouldn't tell us over the phone so I set up a time to meet him at McDonalds for a bible study. The silly things is, I actually went. This man could have been a serial rapist, a killer, or just a babbling fool. but the good things is he wasn't at least not in my opinion.

Upon his arrival at McDonalds he questioned me to make sure I was serious and I just said to him I wanted to know more about his sign. More than anything I was just bored and wanted something to do, so I found about Jesus's return. Basically stated, he said that everything in the bible has aleady happened, and is never going to happen again, and it's all a big joke. I guess?

Hmm, well he throughly ocnfused even though it's all there in the scriptures. (Matthew: 24, 1-19) It's kinda neat. But now he has my phone number, my friend's cell phone number, knows the city I live in, my full name, and is expecting me to come to his church on sunday morning. HAHAHAHAHAH. HELL NO!

I don't have a problem with church, only strange religions that believe Jesus is a fake and isn't coming back. This includes ones who advertise/recruit/whatever word you wanna call it.

The good news is, I still had time to finish the laundry and fold it before 10PM.

No comments: